Is manifesting a sin? Manifesting is the act of making something happen by using your thoughts…
Understanding The Law Of Attraction – Can You Manifest Anything With It?
Understanding the law of attraction can really test the limits of your thinking. In this article I want to show you that you can get what you want but there are potential pitfalls. Below we list several pitfalls using the law of attraction that will sabotage your efforts in manifesting what it is you want.
Can you manifest anything using the law of attraction? The answer is two-fold. It’s yes and no. You can but it’s not easy to do because there are many things that we have to understand first before we start using this powerful tool in our life.
Believing that we don’t deserve good things is a trait all of us exhibit. We can behave in ways that will sabotage our chances of happiness.
Dr. Melanie Barton, LCSW, Ed.D says the law of attraction can be used in any endeavor in your life. But you have to be careful.
Understanding the law of attraction before you put it in practice is very important.
“Yes, you can use the law of attraction in most endeavors in life but only when used appropriately”.
Understanding The Law Of Attraction
Dr. Barton says there are some areas you shouldn’t use the law. It’s a tool we all are endowed with. That is, attracting what we truly desire in our lives.
But it takes work and knowing what it is you’re using. To use it for “evil” is wrong. If you are constantly thinking of how to get back at someone then maybe you need to start with a clean slate and learn to feed your mind healthy thoughts.
The law doesn’t distinguish between negative and positive. Whatever you constantly mull over in your mind you eventually attract.
It doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad. Be careful not to use it for negative purposes.
And please don’t use it to plot someone’s downfall.
“I’m saying if you’re using it for negative, like say somebody is attracted to somebody”.
“You could affirm ‘I want him to get unmarried and marry me’. That’s not necessarily a good course of action because that might happen”.
“But it’s the negative things in your life that will result from that”.
“For example, if you have children, they might be alienated from you”.
“Or the ex spouse might get angry and come after you”.
“You might get what you say you want, but when you get it, you realize, ‘oh, he cheated with me and now he’s still seeing his ex wife and cheating on me with her”.
“He now has a girlfriend on the side so it wasn’t exactly what you envisioned”.
Potential Pitfalls – Sabotaging What You Desire To Manifest
The biggest obstacle to manifesting anything you want is you. That needs to be established up front.
The law of attraction isn’t perfect. There are times when it fails to deliver results.
For example, if you’re constantly thinking about how bad everything is going for you, then no matter how hard you try, nothing will ever improve.
You’ll never feel happy because you’ve convinced yourself that you should be unhappy.
The same goes for those who have unrealistic expectations of themselves and others.
When these individuals expect too much out of themselves and other people, they often end up disappointed.
So understanding the law of attraction and what it is capable of bringing into your life is so important.
When we believe we don’t deserve good things, we behave in ways that sabotage our chances of happiness.
We may even become angry or depressed. This can lead you down a path of self-destruction.
8 Pitfalls Of The Law Of Attraction That You Need To Understand
There are many reasons why the law of attraction doesn’t always work as well as you’d hope.
Here are some common pitfalls that could derail your efforts to create more positive experiences in life.
1. Expecting too much from yourself and others in order to make the law of attraction work for you, you must first accept responsibility for your own actions. It’s not enough to simply think positively. Instead, you must take action on every thought. Your thoughts dictate whether you experience joy or sadness.
So if you find yourself dwelling on negative emotions such as anger, fear, jealousy, resentment, guilt, shame, disappointment, frustration, anxiety, worry, doubt, envy, hatred, bitterness, regret, remorse, embarrassment, humiliation, insecurity, inadequacy, inferiority complex, unworthiness, worthlessness, etc., then you must do something about it. Don’t let any one person or thing control your moods.
2. Thinking that everything is going to be okay even though the law of attraction states that “like attracts like,” it does not mean that everything will turn out okay. Sometimes events happen that cause us pain. We might lose someone close to us, fail at school, get fired from a job, break up with a partner, suffer an injury, develop cancer, go bankrupt, divorce, etc. These types of situations aren’t pleasant but they also won’t last forever. Eventually, most problems will resolve themselves. However, sometimes circumstances seem so overwhelming that we begin to question ourselves.
Our minds start racing and we wonder where we went wrong. We ask questions like;
- Why did i mess up?
- What was my mistake?
- How come i’m still suffering?
- Where am i headed?
- Will i ever succeed?
- Am i destined to live a miserable existence?
- Are there really no solutions?
- Can anyone help me?
- Do i have any chance of getting better?
More Pitfalls You Need To Know
Once you have a good understanding of the law of attraction and how it works, you’ll be unstoppable in attracting what you desire in your life.
Understand that getting behind a Ferrari first time can be daunting. There is so much power that you’re almost frightened to hit the accelerator.
But once you understand the mechanics of how it works and what makes it tick, you’ll gain more confidence in driving it. So for your benefit, here are more pitfalls that could get in the way of you manifesting your true desires.
3. Believing that nothing good ever happens to me and you assume that you’ll continue living a mediocre lifestyle. But the truth is, you can achieve great things in life. Many successful people started off just like you —with little money, few resources, and limited opportunities. Yet today, they enjoy financial security, health, love, respect, fame, influence and status.
4. Not taking responsibility for your own actions as mentioned earlier. The law of attraction works by using energy to bring into being whatever you focus upon. Therefore, if you spend time focusing on negativity, you’ll eventually reap its rewards. If you’re angry because you lost $100 playing the horses, don’t blame others when you end up broke. You’ve got to stop blaming everyone around you for what happened. Take full responsibility for your choices.
5. Focusing on the past when you feel down, anxious and depressed. Leaving the past where it belongs is highly recommended.
Watch These Last Three Law Of Attraction Pitfalls
Here are the final three pitfalls you need to be aware of. Thoughts are powerful. They can sabotage your efforts to manifest what you want. Be guarded about what it is you are thinking about at all times.
6. Thinking about yourself instead of others. Most people are not aware of how their thoughts affect them.
They believe that everything happens as it should happen, therefore, they think about themselves instead of thinking about others. This causes them to make poor decisions and take actions based on negative emotions rather than positive ones.
7. Being unaware of who you really are in order to change who you are,. First you must know yourself. Once you understand who you truly are, then you can decide whether or not you want to be different from other people.
8. Feeling guilty and ashamed whenever something goes wrong, most people immediately become defensive and try to justify why they made such an error. Guilt and shame often follow these errors. Don’t let yourself be “sucked into this trap”.
Other pitfalls to watch out for include:
- Trying to make up for a mistake by making another one
- Blaming someone else for something bad that has already occurred
- Continually holding grudges against people
- Expecting things from other people all the time
- Having unrealistic expectations that are over the top
- Getting upset and angry at anything and everything all the time
- Placing too much of your attention on negative thoughts
- Letting unnecessary worry over small matters dominate your thoughts
- Dwelling upon pain both physically and mentally
- Letting fear control and steer your actions
- Exaggerating the problems you have in your life
- Ignoring positive events that occur in your life
- Spending time with negatives both mentally and in person
Understanding The Law Of Attraction
Understanding the law of attraction should be your first priority.
Even if you have been studying it.
There’s too much teaching out these that says “just think it and it’s yours”.
That’s true to a certain degree but what they don’t tell you is there is real work and practice involved.
Understand enabling the law of attraction to work in our favor is an inherent trait we are born with.
You just have to learn how to activate it.
And the best way to make something work for you is to learn it. In other words, understand it and know what makes it “dance”. No one else has the power to change your feelings except you.