Is manifesting a sin? Manifesting is the act of making something happen by using your thoughts…
An attitude of gratitude starts first thing in the morning. As soon as you open your eyes your mind should be focussing on what you are grateful for.
So why express gratitude?
Being thankful leads to contentment, even if you are experiencing difficulties.
I recently had an experience which caused me to check my attitude of gratitude.
To be truthful, I completely lost it for a few brief moments.
I woke early as I always do and exercised.
I then headed for the bathroom to take a shower. When I turned the water on it barely trickled out of the shower head.
I felt wronged. What the heck, where’s the water pressure?
My wife heard me “cussing” and reminded me that in many parts of the world, people don’t even have water to bathe let alone water pressure.
I felt like an imposter. Here I am teaching law of attraction principles to people and yet, I completely “bombed out” when it mattered.
Truth is, there are times when everyone will be challenged to express gratitude when the moment is a testing one.
Don’t feel bad. Put it behind you and get back on the gratitude track. Occasionally we slip up so don’t let it further ruin your day.
Daily Attitude Of Gratitude Exercises
Here’s a list of gratitude exercises which will put you on the fast track to receiving the “thumbs up” from the universe.
The key is to stay the course. Things will test you along the way but if you can consistently practice these for thirty days, a habit of gratitude will have been created.
The following eleven attitude of gratitude exercises are in no particular order.
1. Express gratitude as soon as you wake in the morning. If you share a bed with a partner, just express it under your breath. Be thankful you had a great night’s sleep or you made it through the night to live another day. Simple gratitude.
2. Start a gratitude journal. At the end of the day, write down all the things you are grateful for. Truth is, you may have had a lousy day but focus on the positives. Something got you through unscathed. What was it?
3. Before going to bed, review you journal and express gratitude. Call it praying; call it what you like. You are thankful for everything good that happened in your world today. You may have been cut off in traffic but kept your cool. Express your gratitude for it.
4. Find someone in your life you are grateful for or grateful to. It could be the clerk working at the corner store. Just thank them for making your life easier when you come to the store. Do this everyday. In fact, start with one but increase this to two, three or more per day.
5. Give. Whether it’s financial or physically helping someone, give. Give your time. Give praise, a kind gesture, a smile. Try it and watch your demeanor move into the law of attraction stratosphere.
Gratitude Improves Your Attitude
6. Practice attitude of gratitude affirmations. If you are currently on a goal mission, make sure they align with whatever goals you are striving for. Anticipate being grateful for all the wonderful things you encounter and the opportunities you’ve been given.
7. Spend a few minutes everyday finding the positive in some of your most challenging situations. It may have been bad at the time but look at a positive from the experience. Be thankful for it.
8. Practice kindness. People may test you during any given day but be kind and understanding. Yes, for some of you it will take every fiber of your being to achieve this but “nail it down”. This is gratitude at its most powerful.
9. How is your health? You may suffer allergies and yes, they can make you miserable but be thankful they are not life-threatening. Be thankful for the relief available to you or the doctor you visit for help. Avoid concentrating on the ailment but on the parts of you that are in great shape. Really feel how good they are.
10. At least once a day, go outside and look around you. Surely there are things you are grateful for. The trees, the flowers, the birds and the wonderful sounds they make. Even the snake in your yard if it’s there that keeps the rodent population down.
11. This may not happen daily but is so important. Learn to receive. Whether from people or from the universe, practice receiving with gratitude. Many get this wrong and rather than appreciating a gift they take it without so much as a thank you. Think about this for a moment. Understand the difference between receiving and taking.
Practice these daily and you’ll be amazed at how things will begin to work in your favor. These are some of what I practice consistently.
These are just a small sample of what I use in my daily life.
Here’s one final tip – just say thank you. Thank you for guiding me to work. Thank you for the food I’m about to eat. Practice saying these two words every opportunity you get.
As always, I love to hear from you. Let me know in the comments and yes, feel free to post your own attitude of gratitude routine.